Well, as I said before, my Tauber Summer Project is at General Motors right here in Michigan. The guaranteed summer internship is a huge benefit of being in Tauber. As I saw (and continue to see) my MBA classmates searching for internships, it was a huge weight off my shoulders to know that I'd have a project that was thoroughly vetted by the Tauber Institute staff and is sponsored by a great group of companies. Throughout the year we have opportunities to meet and interact with sponsor companies whether it's at Spotlight in the Fall, the Global Operations Conference in November, or at other Tauber Modules or general recruiting functions at Ross. It is apparent that the companies really value these projects and the work that Tauber students have done in the past. The interview and bidding process is really condensed into the 2 week time frame which makes it somewhat hectic, but is nice that it's only for that short period of time rather than drawn out over many many months. Yes, after the interviews are complete, it is a little tense as you wait to hear what the "black box" or the "algorithm" will spit out for your summer placement, but in general you really can't go too far wrong with the great projects that are lined up. My General Motors project will be focused on their supplier integration strategy and I'm teamed up with a good friend and classmate Ed Grubb. We're going on one of our initial site visits this Thursdays down to a supplier's production facility. Our faculty advisors for the project and our project sponsor are extremely engaged in making sure this project is successful for all parties involved. They've given us a wealth of background knowledge that I'll try to chew through while finishing up my MBA MAP project this month. I wonder if they'll give me a Chevy Volt to use for the summer....
London Escorts
ReplyDeletesex kostumer
thanks for your blog