This blog will chronicle the lives of eight Tauber Institute for Global Operations students during their summer internships. The summer internship is the capstone of the Tauber Program and we wanted to share our experiences with prospective students. For more details about the Tauber Institute, please visit http://www.tauber.umich.edu/.

The internships will begin on May 9th and run through mid August. Check back frequently to see what the Tauber students have been up to!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Introduction: Abhishek Sunku

As the Tauber Student Advisory Board (SAB) (a board on which I serve) was thinking of a channel for us to showcase the exciting summer internship that students of the Tauber Institute work on, the answer seemed most obvious - BLOG! And as the saying goes - "Google before you Tweet is the new think before you speak", only that I want to describe my internship experience in a much more descriptive manner.

About myself, I come from an engineering background and previously worked at Manhattan Associates in their Transportation Management Systems group for around two and a half years. At this point, I was looking for a program where I could develop a more strategic insight of operations and supply chain management and more importantly, develop my leadership skills. I joined the Masters in Supply Chain Management program at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business in January 2011, which so far as been an awesome experience, not only academically and professionally, but culturally too.

About the summer internship, the students generally go through a not so short process before we get placed on our summer internships. A few weeks back I found out that I would be working for W.W.Grainger at their world headquarters in Lake Forest, IL and I was absolutely excited. I am going to be working with a quite a few executives from Grainger who seem to be as excited as the student team! (which consists of Andrew Solar, an MBA and a fellow SAB member and Hui-Shan Chen, another MSCM student from Ross)

To wrap it up, I cannot wait for the 9th of May! But stay tuned for more on how the project and the experience are unfolding and for pictures of Chicago in summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment