This blog will chronicle the lives of eight Tauber Institute for Global Operations students during their summer internships. The summer internship is the capstone of the Tauber Program and we wanted to share our experiences with prospective students. For more details about the Tauber Institute, please visit http://www.tauber.umich.edu/.

The internships will begin on May 9th and run through mid August. Check back frequently to see what the Tauber students have been up to!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Introduction: Ian Stuart-Hoff


Just a few weeks ago all Tauber students received their summer project placements and I found out that I will be going to work for Cardinal Health in Waukegan, IL. I want to use this post to give you a little background about myself. In future posts, I will explain more about the project matching process and get into the details of my project.

I am currently a senior studying Industrial and Operations Engineering(IOE) here at the University of Michigan through the Engineering Global Leadership Honors Program(EGL). I will be completing my masters degree in IOE next spring. I was drawn to the Tauber Program because it gave me the chance to polish my leadership skills, participate in a high impact paid summer internship, and interact and network with MBA and MSCM students at Michigan's Ross School of Business. For anyone who does not know, the summer project consists of a group of 2-4 engineers and business students. These internships provide a great way to make a huge impact on a company in a short 14 week internship. More details about last year's projects can be found here.

While completing my undergraduate degree I have been involved in many activities at the University. Through my participation in EGL, I have organized large fundraising campaigns, built cook stoves in Peru, and interacted with many companies of interest to me. I have also been actively involved in youth basketball coaching and my team is about to complete their season this coming Saturday. I also serve on the Tauber Student Advisory Board(SAB) that helps inform the Tauber administration of the students thoughts and concerns.

My next post will detail more about the summer projected interview and selection process. It is quite a complex system, but tends to keep everyone happy and excited for their projects. Also, stay tuned for an introduction into my summer project coming soon!

1 comment: