This blog will chronicle the lives of eight Tauber Institute for Global Operations students during their summer internships. The summer internship is the capstone of the Tauber Program and we wanted to share our experiences with prospective students. For more details about the Tauber Institute, please visit http://www.tauber.umich.edu/.

The internships will begin on May 9th and run through mid August. Check back frequently to see what the Tauber students have been up to!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Introduction: Patrick Min


Hello! My name is Patrick Min and I'm currently pursuing my MBA at the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business. I'm currently on my MAP project, which is fairly similar in structure to the Tauber summer projects. I just got back to Ann Arbor from spending a week in Austria at our client site. I'll be spending this summer at General Motors here in Michigan, evaluating their key supplier integration business strategies.

I grew up just outside of Chicago and finished my undergraduate degree in economics at Northwestern. After that I spent 5 years out in Seattle working for Boeing on the 787 Dreamliner and Deloitte Consulting.

Coming back to school I knew I wanted to focus on operations and strategy and the Tauber program at Michigan offered a great blend of the two areas. Michigan has some of the highest ranked programs in every field of study, meaning that my peers and resources from the other graduate programs are amazingly gifted and talented.

In addition to serving on the Tauber Student Advisory Board, I'm also a Co-Chairperson for our annual Global Operations Conference. I serve as a Ross Ambassador for the MBA program, am a VP in the Car Club and also play on the mens' soccer team.

As a self-proclaimed car nut, I can't wait to start my internship at GM this summer! Get ready for tons of pictures of fun in and around Ann Arbor as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment